HOTWIRE MEDIA SEO TERMS
Last Modified on July 16, 2014
IMPORTANT: THESE ARE THE PRODUCT TERMS (THESE “SEOWIRE TERMS”) PERTAINING TO STARFIN LTD.’S (“HOTWIRE MEDIA” OR “WE”) SEOWIRE PRODUCT. THESE SEOWIRE TERMS ARE REFERRED TO IN THE ADVERTISING SERVICES TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE “ADVERTISING TERMS”) AND ARE INCORPORATED THEREIN.
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. YOUR EXECUTION OF AN ORDER FORM FOR ADVERTISING SERVICES WHICH INCLUDES THIS PRODUCT CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE ADVERTISING TERMS.
IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN THESE SEOWIRE TERMS AND THE MARKETING TERMS AND/OR INSERTION ORDER, THE SEOWIRE TERMS SHALL CONTROL.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THESE PRODUCT TERMS AND/OR THE SERVICES AT ANY TIME IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROCEDURE SET OUT IN THE SECOND PARAGRAPH OF THE ADVERTISING TERMS.
Terms not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Advertising Terms.
- Details of the Services.
- SEOWire is Hotwire Media’s search engine optimization service which helps to improve the organic search engine rankings of Advertiser’s websites on search engines.
- SEOWire comprises of three elements being:
- Optimisation of website visibility with search engines through link building techniques aimed at utilizing top converting long tail and geo-specific Keywords derived from one or more relevant SearchWire campaigns of Advertiser and website analysis. For the avoidance of doubt, there is no focus on generic Keywords;
- Claiming listings on behalf of the Advertiser on local and national online directories and content sites like local newspaper websites and claiming Google Plus Local listings through an automated set up (see also further below); and
- Customized reporting on SEO progress.
In case of a continuation of SEOWire after the initial term, the services contain also maintaining and updating the links, rankings and listings done during the previous term. When providing the SEOWire services, Hotwire Media may make use of third party subcontractors.
- Contract Term and Fee.
- SEOWire is offered only as a package offering all three elements of the services as described above and only for contract terms of 6 or 12 months. The claiming of listings on online directories will, due to the automated set up, be provided for a period of 12 months, this is included in the fees.
- For purchasing SEOWire, a fully completed and duly executed IO is required. The term of the SEOWire services is determined in the IO and ends automatically after expiry of the term. It is not possible to terminate the services earlier without the automatic forfeiture of the total fees as set out below for the remaining term. Any renewal or continuation of SEOWire after expiry of a term requires a written confirmation of Advertiser through a (renewal) IO.
- Upon termination of the SEOWire services, Hotwire Media will cease all services and the reports will be no longer available to the Advertiser.
- Hotwire Media applies a fixed monthly fee for the SEOWire services based on a 6 months term. The amount of the fee is determined in the IO. The fee is payable on a monthly basis before the start of each month.
- Advertiser authorizes Hotwire Media to monitor the internet for mentions of Advertiser’s business and to provide reports on this. However Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that Hotwire Media cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of its monitoring and reporting services.
- During the term of the SEOWire services the below reporting shall be provided:
- a onetime Website Review Report which includes on-site recommendations to optimise Advertiser’s website. SEOWire does not require Hotwire Media to make changes to the website, it is to the discretion of the Advertiser to implement any recommendations or to instruct its webmaster to do so;
- SEO Marketing Report on a quarterly basis including keyword ranking information, link growth, link placement and successfully claimed business listings on online directories; and
- Final SEO Marketing Report on a quarterly basis including URL’s to links, PageRanks of websites and targeted Keywords and login credentials (to the extent applicable) for successfully claimed business listings on online directories.
- Advertiser’s Obligations and Acknowledgements.
- Hotwire Media will use reasonable endeavours to provide the services provided herein, subject to the provisions set out in Section 3.1 above and Sections 4.2 to 4.8 below.
- Advertiser understands and hereby authorizes Hotwire Media to post content relevant to SEOWire services on any third party sites and to enter into on its behalf, relationships with third party sites. By authorizing Hotwire Media to establish relationships on the Advertiser’s behalf with third party sites, Advertiser agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions applicable to such third party sites. Any activity that Hotwire Media engages in on Advertiser’s behalf, together with any information that Advertiser submits or that Hotwire Media submits on Advertiser’s behalf to such third party sites will be subject to the terms and conditions, governing such third party sites.
- Advertiser understands and acknowledges that the quality of Advertiser’s website from a search engine optimisation perspective will impact the results of SEOWire. It is very well possible that a website is good enough for SearchWire or any other of Hotwire Media’s products or services but that adjustments are recommended for SEOWire. It is Advertiser’s responsibility to amend, update and maintain the relevant websites in a consistent manner and to inform Hotwire Media of any changes to the website in advance as any changes may impact the search engine optimisation results.
- In order to start and set up SEOWire the URL of the relevant websites, the field of business of Advertiser, registered business address, name under which Advertiser is doing business, business contact details and a maximum of 5 top converting keywords is required and to be submitted into the Platform. It is Advertiser’s responsibility to provide Hotwire Media with up to date and accurate data and to inform Hotwire Media of any changes in such data.
- When claiming Google Plus local pages, Google requires a verification usually through a phone or postcard verification. After verification, Advertiser will receive a specific code to complete the process. It is Advertiser’s responsibility to complete this verification process and to provide Hotwire Media with the pin code for the relevant site in order to finalize the claiming process. The verification takes in general approx. 4 to 6 weeks. If an existing Google Plus Pages shows a status of owner verified, Hotwire Media cannot claim the listing on behalf of the Advertiser and optimization is not traceable through the SEOWire services.
- If multiple existing listings in online directories are found in relation to the Advertiser, Hotwire Media cannot amend or adjust such listings, unless the Advertiser provides Hotwire Media with login credentials for amendment or adjustment for optimization purposes. Also certain directories will verify the identity and contact details of the Advertiser before allowing a listing, usually through phone call verification. It is Advertiser’s responsibility to respond to and to complete such verification requests.
- Advertiser understands that due to the local focus of SEOWire, the services are focused on the English language directories, websites and listings relevant for the UK market.
- Due to the nature of the world wide web, organic search and the SEOWire services, Advertiser understands and acknowledges that it takes a period of time to see any effects of SEOWire and it is not possible to provide any guarantees or promises on the time needed to see results or the effects of SEOWire, nor is there any guarantee or promise as to achieving or maintaining the top of search engine rankings. In some cases the impact is not even noticeable after the Hotwire Media services have ended. In addition, Advertiser understands and acknowledges that Hotwire Media cannot provide any promises or guarantees on listing and maintaining such listing in any online directories.